Spilsby Franklin School

Franklin SchoolWhen the Franklin School opened in September 1953 it offered a varied education for all 11 -15 year old boys and girls who did not go to Grammar School.

As the years passed there was considerable liason with the King Edward VI Grammar School and this continued right through until the closure of both schools in 1990; the King Edward VI Grammar School after 440 years and the Franklin Secondary Modern School after a mere 37 years.

The result of the closure of both Schools was the setting up of one bi-lateral Secondary School (Spilsby High School) on the former Franklin Site.   This School has now become the King Edward VI Academy and offers a full education for 11 - 18 olds.

Text, images and all materials in this website, www.SpilsbySchoolsArchives.org.uk, are protected by copyright law.

Permission is granted for the use of this material in Social Media posts so long as the source of the images and quotations are acknowledged and there is link placed in the post to http://www.spilsbyschoolsarchives.org.uk

Images may not be reproduced in any form except for non-commercial private viewing or with prior written consent of the Trustees.