Spilsby Grammar School

Grammar Schoo l1829KING EDWARD VI GRAMMAR SCHOOL was founded in November 1550 by order of King Edward VI with the local landowners, the Willoughby d'Eresby family.

September 1990 saw the opening of the Spilsby High School incorporating the King Edward VI Grammar School and the Franklin Secondary Modern School and occupying the former Franklin School site, although the County Council continued to use the Grammar School site until upgrading of the Franklin site was completed in 1998. The new School has been renamed 'King Edward VI School', 'King Edward VI Humanities College' and in 2011, become the 'King Edward VI Academy.

All the former Grammar School buildings have been sold - those fronting Church Street, being grade II listed have remained, although in private ownership. The remainder of the building have been demolished and the site is now a residential estate.